Re: problems with templates and ID in properties

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: problems with templates and ID in properties
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 19:24:03 +0100

>>> "IR" == Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>>> I recommend changing your capture template to
>>> (file+olp "~/grupos2024.org" "Grupos")
>>
>> That gives an error, as gives file+headline
>> so this part
>>
>> (setq org-capture-templates
>> '(
>> ("m" "Mail options")
>> ("mk" "Annu Grupos Ejercicios" entry (file+olp
>> "~/ALLES/HGs/tex/vorlesungen/HGAnnu/Hojas-Teoria/Soluciones-2024/grupos2024.org")

> You forgot "Grupos". Should be

> (file+olp
> "~/ALLES/HGs/tex/vorlesungen/HGAnnu/Hojas-Teoria/Soluciones-2024/grupos2024.org"
> "Grupos")

Ah, ok this solves that issue

>>> Do you mean that you want IDs to be always added any time your create a
>>> heading? If so, the common method is to add `org-insert-heading-hook'.
>>
>> That hook is empty, nevertheless and ID with an annoying END is inserted
>> in the middle of the template

> You can try M-x debug-on-entry <RET> org-id-new <RET> to trigger
> backtrace when `org-id-new' is called and see what is calling it.
> Then, M-x cancel-debug-on-entry to disable the debugger.

Here is the result

Debugger entered--entering a function:
* org-id-new()
  eval((org-id-new) t)
  org-eval((org-id-new))
  org-capture-expand-embedded-elisp()
  org-capture-fill-template()
  org-capture(nil)
  funcall-interactively(org-capture nil)
  call-interactively(org-capture nil nil)
  command-execute(org-capture)

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous despicable pogroms/atrocities on Israel
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.