Re: problems with templates and ID in properties

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: problems with templates and ID in properties
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 16:13:43 +0100

> Thanks for you answer

> So that cannot be changed, do I understand correctly.

> Thanks for trying it out, I suspect it is then my setting, I just looked
> up the org-mode-hook

> And I can't find any suspicious. I will try to eyeball my org-add-ons
> files.

> What command/variable could org-mode force to have always an UUID in the
> ID property?

> I also will try to debug org-capture and org-capture-finalize
> I tried it once and cannot see when the UUID is automatically inserted.

Ok, I debugged it again, the function org-caputre-finalize adds the
property with the UUID more specifically the line

(run-hooks 'org-capture-prepare-finalize-hook)

Hm I will investigate this further

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous despicable pogroms/atrocities on Israel
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.