Re: Pending contents in org documents (Re: Asynchronous blocks for every

From: Bruno Barbier
Subject: Re: Pending contents in org documents (Re: Asynchronous blocks for everything (was Re: ...))
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2024 11:57:11 +0100

Hi Ihor,

[...]
>> I've tried to fully describe the feature in the new section "Pending
>> contents", in the file `lisp/org-macs.el'.
>
> I have one general concern about the implementation.
>
> Overlays are not transferred when a new indirect buffer is created (for
> example, by org-capture, or by user). So, it will be (1) impossible to
> see pending overlays in indirect buffers; (2) user edits of pending text
> from indirect buffer will not be prevented.

If I understand correctly, you would prefer a solution that relies on
text properties ? (I didn't leak the overlay details in the API, so, it
should not be too hard to switch to text properties, except for possible
conflicts with other existing properties).

What about markers ? Are they OK ?

Thanks,

Bruno