Re: [freesci-develop] Making FreeSCI code C++ friendly

From: Jordi Vilalta
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] Making FreeSCI code C++ friendly
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 00:56:45 +0200

Hi,

2007/3/27, Max Horn:
Hi Jordi,

I think the list simply eats all and any attachment. Maybe you can
upload them somewhere and provide links?

Oops, thanks. Sorry for the noise. It seems the problem isn't related
to the attachment size ;)

I've posted the full set of patches here: http://jvprat.no-ip.org/tmp/freesci/

Here's an overview of the patches:

    01_allocation_casts.patch
This patch is about the first obvious case where I think the casts
can't be avoided, and it's
where allocation of dynamic memory takes place.

    02_kernel_dereference.patch
This is a bunch of typecasts around kernel_dereferences. I think all
these should be handled as a block, either by using the explicit
casting (as it's done in the patch) or by modifying the
return type of the function (I haven't watched this possibility, but
as I see most of them cast to (char*)...).

    03_flexarray.patch
Here comes a small patch to fix the FLEX_ARRAY

    04_explicit_casts.patch
This is another relatively big patch. It includes casts where there
may be a better solution (like changing types of variables), but it
needs further analysis.

    05_missing_headers.patch
This adds a few #includes and a few function declarations where they
are needed. The function declarations might be moved to include files,
but in some cases there wasn't an obvious file where to put them, so I
leave them where they are needed and you can tell me where you want
them ;)

    06_various.patch
It's a mix of very small changes.

    07_c++_keywords.patch
It renames the C++ keywords that got in the way.

    08_cfsml.patch
The old savegame stuff (for reference).

    09_extra.patch
Final touch to get everything compilable on C++ (it breaks the C compilation).

It's enough for today. I hope this split helps with the integration.

Regards,

Jordi Vilalta