Re: [freesci-develop] 0.6.4 RC1 package - please test!

From: Rune
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] 0.6.4 RC1 package - please test!
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 16:58:08 +0200

Matt skrev:
Hi,

There is a release candidate for the next version of FreeSCI, 0.6.4, here:
http://www-plan.cs.colorado.edu/creichen/freesci/freesci-0.6.4-rc1.tar.gz

From the NEWS file:
FreeSCI 0.6.4 is largely a bugfix release, addressing many constraints
that prevented SCI0 games from being beatable.  We also added audio
support for MIDI devices on newer versions of AmigaOS, and for General
MIDI on all systems.  Finally, we replaced some code of unknown origin
in our SetJump routine by a definitive clean-room re-implementation.

Please download, compile, and test. Then, let us know if you have success or a release-stopping failure.

If anyone could verify that King's Quest 4 and The Colonel's Bequest are beatable, that would be greatly appreciated. Space Quest 3, Leisure Suit Larry 3, Police Quest 2, Quest for Glory 1, and a few others have already been verified.

Thanks!

Hi

There are graphical problems with GGI. I uploaded a patch for this in March, so unless someone has a reason to reject it, now may be a good time to apply it. I tried playing CB1, but after a while it got stuck. I could still save, so if anyone is interested in a closer look at this problem, you can download a save-game here:
http://home23.inet.tele.dk/rune/freesci/savegame.tar.gz

/Rune