Re: [freesci-develop] 0.6.4 RC1 package - please test!

From: Rune
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] 0.6.4 RC1 package - please test!
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 20:07:27 +0200

Christoph Reichenbach skrev:
Hi,

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 08:10:01PM +0200, Lars Skovlund wrote:
I don't think Valgrind would help any in this case... it seems the
game gets stuck in a HandsOff state (teleporting fixes it). This could
be related to movement routines (but not to SetJump(), which there is
no reason to believe is used here), control lines or such issues.

  User::controls is zero here, but how or why that happened I don't
know-- without being able to reproduce the steps that lead into this
situation (I tried all variants of looking through the two portraits'
eyeslits that I could think of) I fear that it won't be possible to
identify the problem.

  Rune, does this reproducably happen to you when you try to `look
eyes' in that room?  If so, this may be particular to your machine
setup and game version.  In that case, can you do the following,
please:  Enter the debugger via Ctrl-` (backtick), and ask it to do
the following:

  version                 (Please record whatever it tells you there)
  gfx_show_map 2
  redraw_screen

Can you send me a screenshot of what the FreeSCI window looks like
afterwards, please?  I must admit that it is not terribly likely that
this will clear up the issue, but it is the easiest thing to test out
of the (large) set of possible causes.

No, Christoph, I cannot reproduce it at all. I have even tried playing through the game again from the beginning to the very same point in the game, but I haven't seen this or any similar problem.

/Rune