Re: [freesci-develop] FreeSCI 0.6.4 rc3

From: Christoph Reichenbach
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] FreeSCI 0.6.4 rc3
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 15:26:47 -0600

Robert,

  again, thank you very much for your help!  As I mentioned in my
private message, debugging the crashes in the sound subsystem you are
seeing will be tricky, so I don't expect that we can do this before
the release (though we should defer the release if this affects
many others...?)

On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 07:18:17PM -0500, Robert Wenner wrote:
> > > Entering Aziza's place, I say hi. She replies with something like
> > > "it's good to have visitors that know how to be polite" and then
> > > teleports me out and her voice says "i do not welcome those who are
> > > rude in my house". That does not seem to fit together.
> >
> >   Do you happen to have a savegame for getting into aziza's place?
>
> Yes, see attached (qg2_aziza.tgz).
> To reproduce, "knock" and "hello".
> I don't get to enter a 3rd command after hello.

  Indeed.  The specified code appears to be executed properly,
though.  There is a local flag here that determines whether or not you
are kicked out... and the way I understand the code, you are supposed
to get kicked out when you say `hello'.  I will have to go through
this again in some more detail to see whether I missed a negation
somewhere.

> Another weird thing... reload thar aziza save game, press Ctrl+R for the
> map, and click the astrologer. I do get to a dead end street instead of
> the Astrologer.

  You are actually taken to the astrologer.  However, since it's too
late, he is no longer open.  So this is not a bug.

> I played another game as a mage. In the streets I casted detect to find
> the WIT, and the game crashed.
> The save game is attached, just load and cast.

  That's probably the same as your audio bug, as I cannot reproduce
it.

  If you have the time, could you submit bug reports for the audio
crash and for the aziza bug, please?

  Thanks again!

-- Christoph