Re: [freesci-develop] FreeSCI 0.6.4 rc3

From: Robert Wenner
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] FreeSCI 0.6.4 rc3
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 19:18:17 -0500

On Thursday 08 May 2008 13:41, Christoph Reichenbach wrote:
> > Later I got a crash with core dump during casting fire darts in a
> > fight against a terror saurus in the desert.
>
>   Could not reproduce.

I'll try again with the debug build.

I got another core dump with the debug build. My saurus had just
dismounted me and some jackalmen were coming. I pressed F7 to restore and
it crashed.
I had another one like this when I pressed F7 in the beginning of the
combat (in the combat screen).
And another when pressing F7 riding in the desert.
In neither case I saw the restore game dialog.
I have attached a save game from which I reloaded when I triggered these
crashes (qg2_riding.tzgz).

>   There may be some issue in pathfinding; I recall seeing the error
> message
>
> [avoidpath] Error: failed to remove edge from tree
>
>   during testing (Walter, let me know if you want to reproduce this).
> Robert, do you recall seeing any error messages along these lines?

Yes, I get these as soon as I ride into the desert.
As well as this one (less frequently):
[avoidpath] Warning: end point (154, 0) is unreachable
[avoidpath] Warning: end point (170, -30000) is unreachable

Also, when I ride into the desert, at the point where the screen flips
(i.e., after leaving the town I ride towards the bottom of the screen,
and at some point I ride towards the top and there are different stars in
the sky) I cannot ride any further to the top.
That is when I see these messages as well.

I cannot go to the mountains either: from the city overview, go south,
then east, then north. I cannot leave the screen towards the north and
actually cannot go anywhere from that point -- it seems like there are
invisible obstacles all 4 directions (didn't try diagonally because I am
using a laptop). When I say "dismount" it tells me that I need more room
to dismount.

I can get to the mountains by going east or west from the city overview.

> > Entering Aziza's place, I say hi. She replies with something like
> > "it's good to have visitors that know how to be polite" and then
> > teleports me out and her voice says "i do not welcome those who are
> > rude in my house". That does not seem to fit together.
>
>   Do you happen to have a savegame for getting into aziza's place?

Yes, see attached (qg2_aziza.tgz).
To reproduce, "knock" and "hello".
I don't get to enter a 3rd command after hello.

Another weird thing... reload thar aziza save game, press Ctrl+R for the
map, and click the astrologer. I do get to a dead end street instead of
the Astrologer.

I played another game as a mage. In the streets I casted detect to find
the WIT, and the game crashed.
The save game is attached, just load and cast.

The cores are at http://de.geocities.com/robertwenner/cores.zip

Let me know if you need anything else.

Robert