Re: [Gnash-dev] does _height work??

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] does _height work??
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:27:29 +0200

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 01:47:25PM +0200, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:
> Hello Martin,
>
> Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 1:39:05 PM, you wrote:
> >>     virtual float       get_height() const
> >>         {
> >>             matrix      m = get_world_matrix();
> >> -           float       h = m_def->get_height_local() * m.m_[1][1];
> >> +           float       h = m_def->get_height_local() * m.get_y_scale();
> >>             return h;
> >>         }
> MG> erm, without knowing what it means by "height" in this context I can't
> MG> say, and what m_def is, and what information it's trying to create.
> MG> Out of context I have no way of knowing.
>
> I think that's the function used for the ActionScript _height
> property, right? Then get_height() should return the height (in twips)
> of the character instance after applying the transformation matrix.

_height property fetching is probably not the only use for it, anyway
that's one use for sure. Note that it is not yet clear wheter the height
should be returned in local or global coordinate space.
Some implementation of get_height/width use get_matrix() while someother
use get_world_matrix(). I think we should definitely clean this up
starting from a clear doxygen comment about what's expected by them.