Re: [Gnash-dev] does _height work??

From: Martin Guy
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] does _height work??
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:20:35 +0100

> It should be unnecessary to add 1 to the result as this still are
> twips (float value).

Sorry, I was referring to the fact that the width of an object that
goes from pixel minx to pixel maxx is (maxx-minx+1). If they're floats
that may not be true.

Ehm.. beside, why are we using floats for twips ?
I thought the 'twip' choice was specifically made by MM to make
computations faster using integers...
And to make motion smooth instead of pixel-jerky since MM flash player
is antialiased.
 You can consider twips to be your real pixels, and the rendering on
the screen to be a fuzzy version of reality... a bit like the way
insects see things through honeycombed eyes.
 Yes, it might be worth going through the code at a later stage and
making sure that all positions are stored and calculated as integers
wherever possible, though for multiplication by scaling factors,
rotations and the like you will still have to go through floats. It
may be that converting back and forth all the time between int and
float with a scale factor of 20 consumes more than doing all
intermediate math in floats.