Re: [Gnash-dev] invalidated bounds interfaces

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] invalidated bounds interfaces
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:17:08 +0200

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 03:14:07PM +0200, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:
> Hello strk,
>
> Friday, October 27, 2006, 3:06:41 PM, you wrote:
> s> Guys, I've realized all the invalidated bounds stuff has been
> s> added to movie_interface class, with character.h only used
> s> as a step-by class (implements an assert(0) of them).
>
> s> Since I'd really like to trash the movie_interface class
> s> in the future, could we move all under character class directly
> s> instead ?
>
> The important thing is that it must sit in the base class for *all*
> instances, preferably including the root movie. AFAIK movie_interface
> is the only class that fits in here because the generic_character
> class is only used for shape characters (ie. not sprites).

gnash::character is used by all except movie_root, but the
meaning of movie_root itself is not very clear to me.
I think the only reason for movie_root to derive from movie_interface
is that movie_def_impl returns a movie_root from create_instace().
If it returned a movie_instance instead (deriving from sprite_instance,
which is deriving from character) we'd have a movie_root being
only a *single* entity for a *whole* run.

If we can handle to have a *single* movie_root for a *single* play
(not one each externallhy loaded movie) then I think things get
much much cleaner.