Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] invalidated bounds interfaces

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] invalidated bounds interfaces
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:35:37 +0200

Hello strk,

s> gnash::character is used by all except movie_root, but the
s> meaning of movie_root itself is not very clear to me.
s> I think the only reason for movie_root to derive from movie_interface
s> is that movie_def_impl returns a movie_root from create_instace().

A good overview gives
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/manual/doxygen/classgnash_1_1movie__interface.html

s> If it returned a movie_instance instead (deriving from sprite_instance,
s> which is deriving from character) we'd have a movie_root being
s> only a *single* entity for a *whole* run.

s> If we can handle to have a *single* movie_root for a *single* play
s> (not one each externallhy loaded movie) then I think things get
s> much much cleaner.

Frankly speaking, I can't answer this. The whole class design seems
odd to me. Anyway, any new design must:
- be able to walk the complete DisplayList hierarchy
- work with movies that have been loaded at runtime (LoadMovie) and
are displayed inside the real root movie.
Don't know if that's related to movie_interface.

Udo