Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] release shortlist

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] release shortlist
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 16:23:41 +0100

Hello strk,

s> Checking this in 0.7.2 branch, it seems that the fact that
s> AGG keeps the aspect ratio breaks mouse events.
s> Try with gtk/agg.
s> Resize the window so that aspect ratio (of the window) is not
s> retained and try clicking on some buttons (gravity-embed.swf
s> shows this easily).

Ok, I'll check this. It's most probably because it uses different
scales.

s> It will work with gtk/ogl since ogl respects arbitrary aspect
s> ratios.

There is a huge inconsistency regarding the rescaling. All backends
should use the same scales and it seems appropriate to me that it is
defined in gui.cpp (getXScale you defined). The fixed aspect ratio is
maintained there, not directly in the AGG renderer. The latter can
work with arbitrary scales (changed this in my last patch), but it
will break image rescaling* and I see no reason why it's necessary at
all.

Also, can anyone explain the real use of the begin_display()
arguments? What's the difference between viewport_width and x1-x0 ?

Udo

* Because rescaling currently happens /before/ the real image
transformation. So with a rotated image it won't scale with the
screen's X/Y axis but instead with the original image's axis. This can
be fixed, but I could not manage it yet.