[Gnash-dev] bounds_in_clipping_area bug

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] bounds_in_clipping_area bug
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 15:51:36 +0100

After an afternoon trying to track a bug I got down
to a bounds_in_clipping_area call in sprite_instance::display.

The bounds passed to the function are the "invalidated" bounds
of a sprite, in my case being "NULL".

Now, a couple of issues:

 1) The View->Redraw menu item (available in GTK) should
    force redraw of everything, specifically to avoid such
     invalidated-bounds related bugs

 2) I don't understand that call at all, as it doesn' use
    the old_invalidated_bounds at all, nor it uses a normal getBounds.
    Udo, can you shed a light on it ?

To reproduce the bug, just make movie with no visible drawing

Gnash will just always show a blank screen.

--strk;

 ()   ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 /\   Keep it simple!