Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] bounds_in_clipping_area bug

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] bounds_in_clipping_area bug
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:59:50 +0100

Hello strk,

Monday, February 11, 2008, 11:41:46 AM, you wrote:
s> Did you take care of masks ? both dynamic and layer ones ?
s> I mean, if a mask is out of the clipping area, we still want
s> to display it IFF the display is meant to construct the "mask",
s> right ?
s> OR, we may skip it's rendering as far as we also skip rendering
s> of any maskee..

Hmm, "make check" is running right now, so it may reveal any
problems.

Anyway, everything outside the clipping area (be it a mask or not)
won't ever have any effect. It's like drawing outside of your
monitor...

The only thing that makes me suspicious now are the calls to
begin_mask / end_mask. A mask outside the screen will result into a
NULL mask (hide everything) but will the renderer understand that a
mask is active at all?

I've made a quick test with AGG and it seems fine.

>> Anyway, I would like to know the effects of missing calls to
>> NON-rendring calls in display() implementations.

s> IIRC I tested this a bit in the past with the 'skip-rendering-if-late'
s> patch.

Did you get any results you can tell me?

Udo