Re: Gnokii and 6150

From: Derek Broughton
Subject: Re: Gnokii and 6150
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 10:34:21 -0300

From: "Markus Plail" <address@hidden>

> * Derek Broughton writes:
>
> > Glory Hallelujah!  Why isn't THIS in the FAQ?  What is an MBus and
> > what's an FBus?  I couldn't tell you what my data cable is, but I'd be
> > pretty willing to bet that I have a similar problem.
>
> Because this is not a FAQ? At least I never heard of a DAU4* cable

I realize it isn't strictly frequent - in fact I haven't seen cable
questions at all in the time I've been on the list - but the FAQ does claim
support for phone models that don't appear to be supported, and gives a list
of reasons why you might get the "GSM_LinkOK never went true" message and
_doesn't_ include the fact that it might be because you have an MBus cable.
It should.  I don't know that I have an MBus cable (but will check when I
get home), but it has been a source of some surprise to me that I can use
the phone as a modem, but can't get any software (including Windows
FoneSync - which claims to support 6160s) to do anything more.
--
derek