Re: Gnokii and 6150

From: Markus Plail
Subject: Re: Gnokii and 6150
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 15:42:49 +0200

Hi Derek!

/--------------
| I get "Hmmm... GSM_LinkOK never went true. Quitting." message when
| running gnokii. What's wrong ?
|
| Gnokii cannot connect to the phone. Possible reasons are:
|
|    * wrong serial port is defined in gnokii config file
|    * you are using the wrong cable
|    * you are using not supported phone model
|    * you don't have permission to write to /dev/ttySX device
\--------------

It at least states, that the wrong cable can be the reason. And as
stated before there's lack of a doc maintainer.

> It should.  I don't know that I have an MBus cable (but will check when I
> get home), but it has been a source of some surprise to me that I can use
> the phone as a modem, but can't get any software (including Windows
> FoneSync - which claims to support 6160s) to do anything more.

>From the fonesync page:

1 Are you using a Nokia 3100 or 8100 series phone?
FoneSync is not compatible with the Nokia Datasuite cable DAU-4F. If you
are using this cable we recommend you purchase a FoneSync cable
DAU-4S. Please visit our purchase page by clicking on 'Buy' to the right

Regards
Markus