Re: Tekram IR-210B & 6110 - Hopeless?

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Tekram IR-210B & 6110 - Hopeless?
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:52:10 +0200

>>> address@hidden 13 September 2002 04:10:35 >>>
> On Thursday 12 September 2002 12:02, Pawel Kot wrote:
> > Did you read Docs/gnokii-ir-howto?
>
> Precisely. It says:
> >
> >  5.6.  External Adapters - who don't work with gnokii
> >  Short list:
> >
> >  o  ``Tekram IR210B''
>
> No mention of why, or how it does not work...

Erm, sorry. It's me who should read it again...

> > > Loads of nice irdadump waving of hands - ie. not quite handshaking.
> >
> > But why do you enable Linux-IrDA?
>
> You jump to conclusions it seems...
> Of course I had to try. You can't belive anything you read nowadays you know
> ;-)

Well, you may want to read the old archive (the one on roads server) to find the
discussion on 6110 and IrDA. There were some discussions on the protocols
supported
by the phone.

> > > What I can not manage is to get minicom to talk to the phone.
> >
> > And you won't.
>
> Is that because of the phone?

Because of the phone. You can't attach directly to the phone with minicom. You
need
some 'software modem' that translates AT commands to the language understandable
by the phone. gnokiid does it.