Re: Tekram IR-210B & 6110 - Hopeless?

From: Gaute Amundsen
Subject: Re: Tekram IR-210B & 6110 - Hopeless?
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 15:09:52 +0200

On Friday 13 September 2002 09:52, Pawel Kot wrote:

> > On Thursday 12 September 2002 12:02, Pawel Kot wrote:
> > > Did you read Docs/gnokii-ir-howto?
> >
> > Precisely. It says:
> > >  5.6.  External Adapters - who don't work with gnokii
> > >  Short list:
> > >
> > >  o  ``Tekram IR210B''
> >
> > No mention of why, or how it does not work...
>
> Erm, sorry. It's me who should read it again...

Now removed all traces of irda, and compiled from CVS, but still no
response...

(had some problems with the "po" dir during config and make, but simply
removed it from the makefile, and it seems to cause no problems)

Now it seems to me the problem must rest with the Tektram dongle.
Is ther anything I can do about that? The abovementioned gnokii-ir-howto is
after all dated 04 Aug 1999...

<snip>

> Well, you may want to read the old archive (the one on roads server) to
> find the discussion on 6110 and IrDA. There were some discussions on the
> protocols supported by the phone.

The archives are no longer there...
Apart from that I am beginning to realize that irda and the 6110 is a dead
end.. Getting the Tekram dongle to work with gnokii would be more usefull for
more people..

Gaute

# /usr/local/bin/gnokii --monitor
GNOKII Version 0.5.0pre
Opened configuration file /root/.gnokiirc
Added new section global
Adding key/value port//dev/ttyS0
Adding key/value model/6110
Adding key/value initlength/default
Adding key/value connection/infrared
Adding key/value bindir//usr/local/sbin/
Adding key/value use_locking/yes
Adding key/value serial_baudrate/19200
Adding key/value handshake/software
Lockfile /var/lock/LCK..ttyS0 is stale. Overriding it..
Serial device: opening device /dev/ttyS0
Serial device: setting RTS to low and DTR to high
IR init, retry=0
Serial device: setting speed to 9600
Serial device: setting speed to 115200
IR init succeeded
Message sent: 0x40 / 0x0004
00 01 64 01                                     |   d
SM_Block Retry - 0
Message sent: 0x40 / 0x0004
00 01 64 01                                     |   d
SM_Block Retry - 1
Message sent: 0x40 / 0x0004
00 01 64 01                                     |   d
SM_Block Retry - 2
Telephone interface init failed: Command timed out. Quitting.