Re: wireless programming

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: wireless programming
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:40:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Wildan Alimudin wrote:

> I'm developing a program related to SMS, there several problems:
> 1. Is PDU Format the standard form for messaging (SMS)? What about

Yes.

> ringtone and picture/logo, are they using the PDU form too?

PDU denotes rather header format, not the data itself.

> 2. How is a cellphone save the data (text, image and ringtone) in memory
> (inbox, outbox and archieve using SIM Card and Cellphone Memory)? Is it
> using PDU, hexadecimal binary or maybe another method?

It depends. Ringtones/bitmaps/text are stored as they are encoded. So this
can be PDU, Unicode, NOL, etc...

> 4. Are there any differents between SIM Card and cellphone memory in
> saving method?

No. Not that I am aware of.

> 5. In program development, must we code 'the save method' or just the
> phone do it?

I'm not sure what you mean here. If you want to save something, it is
obvious you need a method for this. Isn't it?