Re: [open-cobol-list] Developing COBOL/CICS Programs

From: Kevin Monceaux
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Developing COBOL/CICS Programs
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 20:51:12 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, John Culleton wrote:

CICS is or was an IBM proprietary product.

It still is. I work as an IBM mainframe operator in a shop that uses CICS.

The acronym means Customer Input Output Contol System, again as I recall.

You're close.  It stands for Customer Information Control System.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX