Re: [open-cobol-list] advanced Cobol books ?

From: Steve Gomori
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] advanced Cobol books ?
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 13:38:23 -0400

I teach COBOL at a major, Midwestern (USA) university and we have struggled
for years to find a decent text. We gave up. The students have access to the
Stern & Stern text on-line with Safari (all students at our university have
access to the Safari on-line library) but we no longer require them to
purchase a text. Expensive and not satisfactory.

I use Open COBOL in the course, and I prepared my own materials. It's a one
semester course, and not what one would call "advanced."