[open-cobol-list] advanced Cobol books ?

From: Patrick
Subject: [open-cobol-list] advanced Cobol books ?
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 13:20:07 -0400

Hi Everyone

i bought these books:

Stern/Stern/LEY Cobol for 21st Century
Murach's Structured Cobol

I have really enjoyed them but as I read through them, there were many little things that I thought were missing from the language that I wished were there.

Reading through Gary Cutler's Open Cobol Programmers guide, I realized that all those little missing things are in open Cobol.

I wasted about $150 buying 9 used object oriented Cobol books. I thought they would cover OO and modern features of the language but each one only covered OO, almost all with different implementations and I don't personally feel I even need OO now.

Could anyone recommend one or more advanced Cobol books that are similar to Gary's book's coverage of the language ?

Thanks