gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Proposed 9600 baud option for gpspipe

From: IT1 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Proposed 9600 baud option for gpspipe
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 15:01:50 -0400

Gary,

Well the first thing I need to do is to figure out if the radio wants E71, O71, or N81. If the radio wants N81 then yes, using "raw pass8" would be a good idea for sure. Alternatively, if E71 is needed I will use "-pass8".

I noticed that raw makes sure to set and/or unset a large myriad of parameters, so I will have to look and see what all of them are. Mostly likely, it will set things in a manner good for the radio I'd presume.

Regarding the 1 off generation of JSON output, since I saw hardware information in there I thought it was intentional and not a bug. However, after thinking about it, there is no reason to output JSON when asking for NMEA or binary formats. The information about the device can still be gotten from running gpspipe with the JSON option, so its generation is duplicitous and unwarranted.

Whilst I do have a grep workaround, it would be nice to see that fixed. I presume it is likely a bug in the libgps because I saw no code impelling the output of JSON in the gpspipe source code per se.

V/R 73,

Stuart, N3GWG
Computer Scientist

--

IT1 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR, N3GWG (Extra), MROP
NR N-NC JTF EAST DET UIC 84245

Las Vegas, NV / Boulder, CO / Philadelphia, PA / Beverly Hills, CA

(310) 358-0202 Mobile Phone
(215) 338-6005 Google Voice

e-mail: address@hidden

Quoting "Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden>: