guix-devel

Re: Guix search, colors and INSIDE_EMACS

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Guix search, colors and INSIDE_EMACS
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2020 10:51:04 +0100

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

> I suppose you are not using a comint-derived mode for your shell then.

Precision: It works with M-x shell but not with Eshell.

>>> For prettier colours in Emacs we already have things like
>>> guix-build-log-mode.
>>
>> This does not apply to all guix subcommands.
>
> True, but wouldn’t it be nicer to use font-lock with customizable faces
> instead of forcing a certain choice of colours on Emacs users?

Hmmm, what do you suggest exactly?

M-x shell and Eshell support colors.  I don't see why `guix' should be
treated specially with regard to colors so why not just use them like
every other command line program?

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/