guix-devel

RE: [Proposal] The Formal Methods in GNU Guix Working Group

From: Orians, Jeremiah (DTMB)
Subject: RE: [Proposal] The Formal Methods in GNU Guix Working Group
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 11:17:31 +0000

>> > The term "nothing" is mitigated; i.e. "nothing" means: a booted system
>> > running a (linux) kernel. Right?
>> No, I mean bootstrapped from bare metal.
>> No Kernel
>> No firmware
>> No microcode
>> No Bios
>> Just individual TTL logic circuits
> Is it ready yet?
Well the parts all the way to M2-Planet are done and verified on the virtual
machine
https://github.com/oriansj/stage0

We however need to write a portable POSIX to remove Linux from guix's bootstrap
(Ideally buildable via M2-Planet and discussion on what route is ongoing)

Then implement the design on FPGA via http://www.clifford.at/icestorm/

Finally I'll have to convince my wife to let me spend $10K to implement the
design in hardware using: https://libresilicon.com/
(But at least I'll have plenty of free chips to share with the world)

>This should be great. :-)
That is the plan but we really could use more scheme programmers.
(Ambitious goals and all that)

-Jeremiah