guix-devel

Re: [GSOC 2020] Improving the manual?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: [GSOC 2020] Improving the manual?
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 01:37:05 +0100

On Fri, 28 Feb 2020 at 01:22, Leandro Doctors <address@hidden> wrote:

> > If yes, the easy way to start is:
> > git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
>
> > from the note in the manual
> > http://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Binary-Installation.html#Binary-Installation
>
> While cloning the guix repo above, I found a minor omission in the
> documentation. However, I could not find its repo in the list from the
> Savannah group [1] in order to fix it and create a pull/merge request
> or patch...
>
> [1]: https://savannah.gnu.org/git/?group=guix

Hum? I am not sure to understand what you are asking.

The source of the manual lives under doc/ of what is cloned above; i.e.,

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/doc

The submission of patches is done via "git format-patch" and by email
via "git send-email --to=address@hidden" (package
git:send-email).

> Could anyone please point me to in the manual repo? Besides... Where
> could I find documentation on the workflow for working on the manual
> proper so I can actually send my patch? I could not find it in the
> online manual version [2]...
>
> [2]: https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/

Maybe you could be interested by this section of the manual:

https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Contributing

Hope that helps.

All the best,
simon