guix-devel

[GSOC 2020] Idea: Guile based build-tool

From: Leandro Doctors
Subject: [GSOC 2020] Idea: Guile based build-tool
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 21:37:25 -0300

Hi, all,

I am starting to do some research on this idea.

Even though I haven't checked Guix's code yet (I plan to flickr it in
the upcoming days), I am thinking on getting some inspiration from the
architecture of similar Clojure-focused tools (which, as I stated
earlier, is what I know).

I know about three such tools: leiningen[1], boot[2], and clojure.deps[3].

I plan to flickr over their code, and see what architectural decitions
could be proposed.
What do you think about this?

Best,
Leandro