Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Changes on CVS

From: M. Nentwig
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Changes on CVS
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:06:35 +0200

Hi,

I'm feeling just a bit guilty here. "I hardly recognize anything from
the original". Uh-oh :)
Optically it's a bit of a mess, and there were some problems with the
'old' (non-SSE) code (fixed now). And the speedup through SSE is not
spectacular, not at all.
Anyway, I'll clean it up the next time I commit some changes to CVS (and
update the comments in the header).
I think there is a bug in the GNU assembler, I can't get the SSE code
through as I would like it. If that can be fixed, it might bring some
speed improvement in the interpolation. If not, SSE interpolation can be
removed.

The optimisation of the DSP loop in a nutshell: "Don't use the filter if
it's not needed, don't interpolate if pitch and phase are normal, and
don't copy to reverb / chorus / L/R if the respective gain is 0".
Reverb: Uses a constant DC offset to avoid denormal numbers.

-Markus