koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] full text search

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] full text search
Date: Mon Dec 9 02:12:04 2002

Anthony W. Youngman a écrit:
RE: [Koha-devel] full text search

Think Pick.

I don't know whether MySQL can do it, but can you create a virtual column containing all consecutive character strings, and index on that? Your free text search would need to search on whole words in that case, but the result would be very fast, and *should* be database independent.

That's what we planned to do in 2,0 version, and the db is organised to do this.
But it will complicate a lot the search api and i'm not sure we could do as fast as mysql succedeed to do internally ?

So the question is still open... any other opinion anyone ?
--
Paul POULAIN
responsable francophone de koha (SIBGB libre http://fr.koha.org)