koha-devel

[Koha-devel] full text search

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] full text search
Date: Tue Dec 3 09:13:03 2002

Hi,

I'm playing with full text searches, that enables you do search very fast in a db, it replaces the where field like "%xx%" that is VERY slow on big tables (non indexed search). It's really a nice feature : immediate result for a search on a 400 000 lines table ! The same search with like %xx% is... more than 30s long (full parsing of the table) ! The problem is that i think this feature is not ANSI-92, so is mysql only compatible.

Do you think we should ignore this feature, or become definetly mysql based product ? (unless it's ansi92, in this case, please say it !)

documentation :
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Fulltext_Search.html

--
Paul POULAIN