koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Moving to Arch?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Moving to Arch?
Date: Thu Sep 23 06:20:07 2004

On 2004-09-23 14:06:18 +0100 Paul POULAIN <address@hidden> wrote:

If i'm right, then don't you think it's a big task for the release manager ?

No. I think it's an essential tool for the release manager, to know what has finally gone into the release. This was part of the motive for taking 2.0 out of CVS to stabilise it.

I find nice to have "cvs update" to get all developpers code, and, with the help of the cvs-mailing list, see what has been commited. Isn't there a way to reproduce CVS behaviour for this : the commit is transmitted automatically to the release manager (& other local copies)

You can have logs emailed to a list and you can have an archive that automatically merges selected developer's work. I think this is an automatic approximation to the "Linus and lieutenants" way of working that used to be used for the kernel. Good for development, but maybe not so good for stabilisation.

 Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
LinuxExpo.org.uk village 6+7 Oct http://www.affs.org.uk