koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] ANN: Koha Community Website announces Plone Theming Con

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] ANN: Koha Community Website announces Plone Theming Contest
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 11:24:56 +0000

"Joshua Ferraro" <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...] The idea of using Plone has been discussed in
> past meetings, and it's generally been acknowledged that the current site
> isn't meeting the needs of the community and that a Plone site would.

I'm not bothered either way about Plone.  It has benefits, such as the
version control and FTP possibility; and it has drawbacks, such as
having to jump through hoops to avoid breaking our existing URLs and
our difficulty in supporting python and particularly Zope as well as
perl and Apache.

The main problem that needs addressing is the site management.  Yes,
FTP access would be good, but I think I've asked three times for my
HTTP login to be re-enabled.  At least once I've dropped the request
because I didn't understand the message I got in reply.  Documenting
kea a bit better would be enough, but I understand if LibLime don't
want to spend effort on Katipo's (non-free-software?) CMS.  (Really I
do understand, no sarcasm - software.coop is currently supporting
someone else's CMS for one customer and it's utterly no fun and I
think I don't want to be doing that long-term.)

[...]
> > Right, so did Kaitiaki even know about this?
> MJ, could you clarify ... who is the Koha Kaitiaki?

I think it's still Rachel at Katipo.  I think I remember some talk in
a meeting of one of the other long-timers (Owen? Chris? Irma?)
stepping in, but I don't think it actually happened yet.  Maybe one of
the KohaLA-ers should be Kaitiaki by default now.  I don't know, but
I think we're getting releases under control just as the main project
is drifting a bit.

Regards,