koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] ANN: Koha Community Website announces Plone Theming Con

From: Joshua Ferraro
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] ANN: Koha Community Website announces Plone Theming Contest
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 20:17:24 -0500

On 1/19/08, MJ Ray <address@hidden> wrote:
> Paul POULAIN <address@hidden> wrote:
> > - who is Darci Hanning ? (have I missed someone from LibLime ?)
> > - I didn't knew that the Koha community was an organization, neither an
> > organization having money ;-)
>
> Oh, wow.  I assumed this must have been discussed on IRC, that "the
> Koha community" was a misnaming of KohaLA and it was just me that was
> out of the loop on this own.  Was I wrong on all three?  LibLime are
> treating koha.org as their own site or what?
The primary goal of the site re-design is to provide a mechanism for
community members to easily be able to add content via a standard open-source
CMS. You yourself have expressed an interest in having FTP access to the
koha.org site. We also want to support multi-lingual content on the
koha.org site,
so that members of language communities other than English can learn and
contribute information, etc. The idea of using Plone has been discussed in
past meetings, and it's generally been acknowledged that the current site
isn't meeting the needs of the community and that a Plone site would.

LibLime purchased the domain name from Katipo almost a year ago, and we
feel a responsibility to do a good job as stewards of the site (just
as Katipo did
back in the day). Hence, we're happy to donate our time and resources to the
site improvement. Since none of us have the Plone chops to do a good job,
we decided to recruit Darci and the Plone community to help us out -- thus, the
contest. When the plone submissions come in, we'll be looking for feedback from
the whole community on what designs work best for us.

I'm sorry that you feel left out of the process, and I agree it would have been
best to air this topic on the list prior to the announcement, I'll
take responsibility
for not doing that.

> Right, so did Kaitiaki even know about this?
MJ, could you clarify ... who is the Koha Kaitiaki?

Cheers,

address@hidden |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS