koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] ANN: Koha Community Website announces Plone Theming Con

From: darcihanning
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] ANN: Koha Community Website announces Plone Theming Contest
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 15:16:46 -0800 (PST)

Paul POULAIN-2 wrote:

> darcihanning a écrit :
>> Koha Plone Website Contest
>>
>> In conjunction with the upcoming Koha 3.0 release, the Koha community is
>> proud to announce a Plone Skinning/Theming contest for a new Koha
>> community
>> website. Koha is an open-source integrated library system application
>> with
>> users from around the world and the Koha community has chosen Plone as
>> its
>> CMS for the Koha community website.
>>
>> Contest Prizes
>>
>> Grand Prize for the selected Plone skin/theme is $2,500 USD and full
>> design
>> and implementation credit given on the Koha website.
>>
>> Honorable mentions will be announced via press release with contact
>> information included (if so desired).
>>
>> Complete details are available here:
>> http://koha.org/about-koha/news/nr1199901668.html
>>
>> Please pass along this announcement to any potentially interested folks!
>> :)
>>
>> Cheers!
>> Darci Hanning
>
> A quick question (2 in fact ;-) )
> - who is Darci Hanning ? (have I missed someone from LibLime ?)
> - I didn't knew that the Koha community was an organization, neither an
> organization having money ;-)
>
> ps : i won't submit anything. Everybody here knows I don't have the
> needed skill ( ;-) )

Hello Paul!

I'm very active in the Plone community (as an integrator/customizer and
documentation person) and LibLime is sponsoring the prize money :)

I've been using Plone for just over two years and help lead the Plinkit
project -- a Plone-based website hosting project for public libraries in the
US. I'm also currently serving on the board of the Plone Foundation.

I have been working with Joshua and Tina from LibLime to set up this contest
and assist in any way that I can.

I hope that helps and if I can answer any other questions, please just ask!
:)

Cheers,
Darci