Coyotos : A restatement

From: Guillaume FORTAINE
Subject: Coyotos : A restatement
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 23:36:57 +0200

Hello all,

Here are two interesting points that I would like to clarify with you :

The "expert in microkernel and operating system security", Jonhathan Shapiro, EROS, LLC ...

http://www.coyotos.org/docs/misc/linus-rebuttal.html

1.3 The Facts
Ultimately, there are two compelling reasons to consider microkernels in high-robustness or high-security environments: There are several examples of microkernel-based systems that have succeeded in these applications because of the system structuring that microkernel-based designs demand. There are zero examples of high-robustness or high-security monolithic systems.
With that said, let me move on to Linus.

http://www.coyotos.org/pipermail/bitc-dev/2006-August/000768.html

Right now, the number of systems that
can prove useful properties about things like operating system kernels
is zero.

I have talked with several right experts, well-known in the field and I will want to show you some interesting things :

In answer to the first remark, I will point to this link ( thanks to Google :-) ) :

http://www-1.ibm.com/linux/news/semiconductor.shtml

For the second, here we go :-) ( thanks to Matt Kaufmann :-) )

http://www.computationallogic.com/reports/files/028.pdf

*End of loop*

*New iteration*

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/l4-hurd/2006-04/msg00053.html

For me, this man and his project are only a bad joke ... Be more serious, guys :-) !

Yes, in fact, I believe if you want to see the HURDNG boot one day, we will need to build our microkernel and choose our language ....

Best Regards,

                          Guillaume FORTAINE