Re: ``Shut-up and Hack!"

From: Luis Araujo
Subject: Re: ``Shut-up and Hack!"
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 14:11:42 -0400

Alan Grimes wrote:
Language arguments are stupid.
Instead of arguing about language, we should be researching how to
interface a wide variety of languages better. For example, I'm starting
to work on a KDE-based project. I could write the UI in C++, however
that would be cumbersome. A better approcah is to write the
functionality in C++ and the UI in a flavor of XML. There each part is
written in the language that is better (though not best) suited for it.

I actually believe languages play an important role in the design of an operating system. So, it isn't good to underestimate its influences. One of the reasons we keep living in a unix-like world is because of C.

Sincerely,

                        Luis