Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Tent Licensing

From: Michał 'rysiek' Woźniak
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Tent Licensing
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 11:28:03 +0200

Dnia niedziela, 30 września 2012 o 10:44:59 napisałeś/aś:
> Here are some libre social networking options.
> http://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Forum
>
> Here are more:
> http://we-need-a-free-and-open-social-network.wikispaces.com/Federa
> ted+Social+Network+Applications
>
> And here is another
> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/196017994/diaspora-the-personal
> ly-controlled-do-it-all-distr

Also, Wikipedia (of course :) ):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_social_network

There are many projects, but a bit less protocols (OStatus, Tent,
etc); think of it as e-mail - tehre are several e-mail clients, but
just one protocol. That's precisely why e-mail *works*.

And that is where we have to move, IMVHO.

> Here is why we might want this:
> http://archive.org/details/EbenMoglen-FreedomboxVsFacebookopenWorld
> Forum2010
>
> So, how do we get from all of these to a "protocol"
> which allows them to federate with each other?
>
> Have I correctly understood what was being proposed?

Yes. Or, rather, to choose one of the available protocols and promote
it, so that libre social networks that do not use it yet - start using
it.

--
Pozdrawiam
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Fundacja Wolnego i Otwartego Oprogramowania