Re: [libreplanet-discuss] help with FSF incompatible but community orien

From: Patrick
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] help with FSF incompatible but community oriented licence(s)
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 17:13:48 -0400

"This is not a "betrayal of charitable efforts." This is the free software culture working as intended."

ask the GIMP developers then:

"IMPORTANT: GIMP AND OPENSOURCE SCAM ON EBAY!"

http://gimp.1065349.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=2&query=ebay&i=12

Obviously many people feel betrayed.

"This is an FSF mailing list. You will not find anyone to help you find a non-free license to use."

This is the kind of mentality really infuriates me!

It's ironic that FSF has something in common with W George Bush and the near-far right but it does.

"W" is a good speech reader, when he can remember the lines that were written for him. On line that was distressing for many people including me, was:

"your either with us or your with the terrorists"

Spoken shortly after 9/11

This is the kind of mentality I have encountered before with the FSF. Live up to our 4 freedoms or your against us. Live up to our definition of free or your with the mega-corps. I am sick of this and so are the people being driven away from the FSF, read the many blogs.

There are different kinds of oppression that the FSF does not address and freedoms that it ignores.