Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Android without Google

From: Robert Martinez
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Android without Google
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 12:54:20 +0200

On 09/10/12 12:48, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
1. I have heard about 3rd party Android markets, but never used them.
This needs some research.
2. Ask vendors, and Open Source projects to provide APK directly,
bypassing Google Play. I'm sure FireFox are willing to do that.

Effectively, for best experience having a Google Play device is a
MUST. (esp if you are not Richard Stallman, and are using some
proprietary software...)

f-droid provides very recent builds of firefox already!
his goal is to keep the device "google free" so google play isn't that helpful :P