Re: [libreplanet-discuss] The FSF Allows No Derivatives,

From: Bryan Baldwin
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] The FSF Allows No Derivatives,
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 20:49:56 +1200

On 04/26/15 20:24, rysiek wrote:
Problem is -- and this very discussion shows it *very* well -- that even with
such restrictive license put on "works of opinion" (I do not subscribe to the
view that this distinction is relevant, but let's work with that), views *are*
misunderstood.

So, the license does not fix this problem, at all.

The impetus of the license isn't to increase understanding or decrease misunderstanding amongst readers of a work of opinion, but to stop the distribution of misrepresenting derivative works. I can't follow you when you start from a false predicate.