Re: Fix Lilypond Beaming GSOC Project

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Fix Lilypond Beaming GSOC Project
Date: Sun, 07 May 2023 00:36:51 +0200

Le samedi 06 mai 2023 à 22:27 +0000, Jason Yip a écrit :
> I got it working on my Arch Linux after trial and error with ./configure.
> Here are the Arch Linux package names that translate to what Lilypond needs
> (I didnt include package names that I already
> had, so obviously there's Python, ghostscript, etc.):
>
>  * dblatex (optional, configure script keeps warning me that I don't have it
> installed when my version number is good enough)
>  * fontforge
>  * texi2html
>  * texlive-core
>  * t1utils
>  * texlive-langcyrillic
>  * extractpdfmark (optional, in AUR only!)

I don't recommend installing extractpdfmark for development. When it's
installed, the build system uses it to postprocess the PDF files in order to
reduce their size, but this takes time, and for a
local development build, the size reduction isn't advantageous.

> Funny thing I also noticed was that if and only if I pass
> -fstack-protector-strong to a custom CXXFLAGS variable when invoking
> ./configure, the script fails and says I need the flex dependency.

That sounds... weird. I'll look at it tomorrow, it's late here.