lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] STM32, FreeRTOS and lwIP - Timeout problems

From: Thomas Kølbæk Jespersen
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] STM32, FreeRTOS and lwIP - Timeout problems
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 10:59:53 +0100

2013/1/9 Rüdiger Asche <address@hidden>
where actually do you pull the trace? On the unit itself? That won't be of much help; what you should do is get yourself a little 4 port hub, hook a PC running wireshark (for sniffing) and the target unit in the same segment and then monitor the traffic on the bus witht eh PC. If you already lose the packets on the driver side, your sniffer on the unit will see them as little as your application. Plus, you really want to see the full packets, not only the summary, so one can verify that all the checksums etc. are ok. A full external trace already gives a lot of meaningful information.

Thank you for your response.

The logger itself is actually our router running DD-WRT, and then using TCPdump on an SSH connection.
I have then filtered the data for the specific DHCP received (client board) IP-address only.
This should make me able to get and see ALL the data transmitted and received between the client board and the outside Ethernet world!

I should be able to get an expanded view of the dump by adding a parameter to TCPdump to see the internal content too of the packets.
Would you mind if I write you an email directly to get in touch with you.
I would be happy to pay you a small amount even for non contracted help, but simply by helping me over mail - and we are in no hurry!

Let me know.

Thomas