Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] SURFnet - Proof of Concept with MyExperiment

From: Alan R Williams
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] SURFnet - Proof of Concept with MyExperiment & Taverna server
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:49:03 +0000

On 10/11/2010 15:03, Wladimir Mufty wrote:
I have got the Taverna Server 2 running (and working).
But when verify the status in the runner-edit-page on MyExperiment I get
the following message:
"myExperiment was unable to connect to and verify the service specified
by this Runner"

I have tried the following url’s:

http://192.87.110.119:8980/taverna-server

http://192.87.110.119:8980 <http://192.87.110.119:8980/>

http://192.87.110.119 <http://192.87.110.119/>

http://192.87.110.119:8980/taverna-server/soap

http://192.87.110.119:8980/taverna-server/rest?_wadl&_type=xml
<http://192.87.110.119:8980/taverna-server/rest?_wadl&_type=xml>

non successful….

Any thoughts? Or is this the Taverna 2 incompatibility issue with the
"runner function"?

The runners on myExperiment can only talk to Taverna 1 servers. They cannot talk to Taverna 2 servers. Some work will need to be done to put in runners for Taverna 2 servers.

Alan