pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] ANN: Pan 0.90 "Sero Sed Serio"

From: Darren Albers
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] ANN: Pan 0.90 "Sero Sed Serio"
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 16:11:37 -0400

Charles Kerr wrote:

> Muhaha!  Getting rid of the preferences dialog is part of my evil plan
> to find out which preferences are actually useful, and which are
> just old cruft.  I figured any missing useful preferences would get
> complaints...
>
> cheers,
> Charles
> "And that's why they call it a beta."

Another small preferences issue: When I click on a group it only gets
the last 150, the previous versions always asked me if I would like to
get 150, new or all.  I preferred that method (Personal preference only
so maybe more people prefer the current method!)

If you are looking for what preference options people used, I used the
layout preference a lot depending one what group I was in.  If it is
busy group that I had not downloaded recently I would set the headers on
the left and the body on the right and just hide the groups list while I
scrolled down the headers reading posts.

Possible bug, when I tried to open alt.binaries.dvd Pan crashed with the
following:
log entry: [Added 61 articles to alt.binaries.dvd.]
(my-tree.cc:247:add_articles) 61 survived the remove-duplicates and
filter tests.
Segmentation fault

This was during the default get of the first 150 headers.  Also when
trying to down
load all new headers it never seems to work, no errors but no more
headers are displayed.

So far PAN seems ALOT more responsive and I love the streamlined GUI!

Thank you again Charles!