Re: [paragui-users] Help with menus...

From: Atani
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Help with menus...
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 10:41:16 -0700

On Sunday 23 June 2002 10:31, Eric Ross wrote:
> Mensaje citado por Atani <address@hidden>:
> > Hi all,
> >     Using the attached code I generate a SIGSEGV everytime i close the app..
>
> Can you attach some _working_ code ? I mean something we could compile,
> execute and test ?

Actually, the only thing that is missing from that zip (globals.h, includes
headers, etc... and the main method..)

I have attached the full source for the client app... its actually a very
basic app thus far that I am doing... The final project will be an online RPG
of sorts :)

Note, to compile SDL_net is required...

> I've got what you're describing (SEGV when closing the app) sometimes when
> there's memory corruption(buffer overrun and so). Maybe you could try
> linking with some memory tracer or something(libefence?) to check it's
> really a bug ?

Thats the really strange part... I believe that I have done something very
basic as to expose the bug it just requires running the app and then close
the app... do nothing in the app... From what I have found so far, it appears
that calling app->Quit() still allows some events to be processed and when
they are processed some parts of PG are already cleaned up and so the
SIGSEGVs are appropriate as an NPE type case.

Mike