plash

Re: [Plash] Plash 1.18 released

From: Thomas Leonard
Subject: Re: [Plash] Plash 1.18 released
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 17:24:37 +0000

On 02/12/2007, Mark Seaborn <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thomas Leonard <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Note that the tests have now moved to GIT:
> >
> > $ git-clone git://repo.or.cz/zeroinstall.git
> > $ cd zeroinstall/tests
> > $ ./testall.py
>
> Thanks for letting me know.  I still need to set up my continuous
> integration system to run those tests.
>
> By the way, when I run those tests without HOME set to a valid
> directory, I get a traceback:

Ah. Importing the 'distro' module automatically regenerated the cache
of your distribution's package list. I've fixed it now (and made the
tests set HOME to an invalid directory before starting) - thanks!

> > $ cat hi
> > cat: hi: No such file or directory
> > $ cat hi 2</dev/null
> > $ pola-run -B -e cat hi 2</dev/null
> > [ hangs ]
>
> Thanks for pointing that out.  The whole area of FD forwarding is a
> bit of a minefield.  It's a lot harder than it first seems because of
> all the corner cases.  I'm working on it at the moment.  This
> particular problem had not occurred to me.  I've added a note to
> <http://plash.beasts.org/wiki/EventLoopAndFDs>.

Thanks. I find the plash wiki very educational :-)

--
Dr Thomas Leonard               http://rox.sourceforge.net