qemu-devel

Re: Single system binary & Dynamic machine model (KVM developers confere

From: Juan Quintela
Subject: Re: Single system binary & Dynamic machine model (KVM developers conference call 2022-12-13)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 16:08:28 +0100

Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <philmd@linaro.org> wrote:
> On 12/12/22 00:41, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
>> Hi,
>> In the last years we had few discussions on "simplifying" QEMU
>> (system emulation / virtualization), in particular for the
>> "management layer".
>> Some of us are interested in having QEMU able to dynamically create
>> machine models. Mark Burton's current approach is via a Python script
>> which generates QMP commands. This is just another case of "management
>> layer".
>> Various problems have been raised regarding the current limitations
>> of
>> QEMU's APIs. We'd like to remember / get a broader idea on these limits
>> and look at some ideas / proposals which have been discussed / posted
>> on this list.
>> Feel free to complete your thoughts on this public etherpad:
>> https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/qemu-emulation-bof%402022-12-13
>> Topic I remember which can be good starters:
>> - Current limitations of QAPI (& QMP) model (Markus Armbruster)
>> - Adding a new qemu-runtime-$TARGET / QMP-only binary without
>> today's
>>    limitations (Daniel P. Berrangé & Paolo Bonzini)
>> - Problem with x-exit-preconfig, reworking MachinePhaseInit state
>>    machine (Paolo Bonzini)
>> Markus / Daniel / Paolo expressed their ideas on the list (the
>> historical threads are referenced in the etherpad) so reading the
>> relevant threads before the call will help to get in the topic.
>> These people don't have to be in the call, but if they can attend
>> that would be very nice :)
>> The call will be Tuesday, December 13 at 3pm CET on this Bluejeans
>> link:
>> http://bluejeans.com/quintela
> We moved the call here:
>
> https://teams.microsoft.com/_#/pre-join-calling/19:meeting_MjU2NDhkOGYtOGY5ZC00MzRjLWJjNjgtYWI2ODQxZGExMWNj@thread.v2

Hi

First of all I am sorry that my calendar/alarm system failed me.

Once thold that, I have been unable to go from that link to a meet room:
- on android phone with chrome
- on android phone with firefox
- on linux host with firefox (and teams installed)
- on linux host with chrome (and teams installed)

As everybody says, it got going for indirection to indirection and at
the end (if lucky) I ended on the teams app without a room name/id.

Later, Juan.