Re: [Therion] compiling therion under Ubuntu AMD64

From: Wookey
Subject: Re: [Therion] compiling therion under Ubuntu AMD64
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 22:34:33 +0100

On 2007-04-16 19:16 +0200, Wolfgang Zillig wrote:
> Wookey wrote:
> > On 2007-04-14 20:19 +0200, Wolfgang Zillig wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> is there somewhere a list with all the libraries that are needed to
> >> compile therion under linux? Or a kind of manual?
> >>
> >> I just tried "make" but I'm getting errors, so I suppose that I miss
> >> some libraries.
> >>

> > Use the packages in debian experimental:
> > http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=therion&searchon=names&subword=1&version=experimental&release=all

> I've installed the debs with "dpkg -i --force-architecture" but when I
> start loch I only get:
> address@hidden:~/Desktop$ loch
> loch: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2u_gl-2.6.so.0:
>
> whereas grep locates me that file in /usr/lib/
>
> any idea?

Hmm, that is the first library it tries to load (according to ldd
/usr/bin/loch). and that resolves to /usr/lib/libwx_gtk2u_gl-2.6.so.0,
as you suggested. What does ldd say on your box?

That file is from libwxgtk2.6-0 on my machine (debian unstable)

The problem may be that the package is built for debian experimental,
rather than ubuntu whatever-you-are-using, and something is upset
about library versions. In that case a rebuild may fix things:

download the source then unpack (dpkg-source -x) and cd into it:
apt-get build-dep therion
dpkg-buildpackage

see if the resulting package works any better?

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  Balloonz - Toby Churchill - Aleph One - Debian
http://wookware.org/