Re: [Therion] compiling therion under Ubuntu AMD64

From: Stacho Mudrak
Subject: Re: [Therion] compiling therion under Ubuntu AMD64
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:43:49 +0200

It looks I have found the bug - at least now on my linux it seems to work. The problem is strange - OpenGL on Linux returns very huge number for maximal texture size.

If I have limited it to 2048 pixels, it seems to work. Just replace attached lxGLCs.cxx file in your loch sources and recompile. Please let me know, if it still does not work.

Regards, S.

Quoting Wolfgang Zillig <address@hidden>:

I had to adapt the path to vtk and remove -lvtkjpeg -lvtkpng -lktkzlib
from the makefile. (the terminal was not configured to scroll through so
many lines and therefore I did not see the uppermost error) .
There were a lot of warnings like:  "warning: dereferencing type-punned
pointer will break strict-aliasing rules" during compillation. If needed
I can send you the full screen output.

I can compile my project but the surface graphic is missing! Only a gray
surface is displayed. Is this due to the skipped parameter -lvtkjpeg? Do
I need to compile vtk from sources? I've installed libvtk5 and
libvtk5-dev (5.0.2-4ubuntu1).

Thanks for any help
Wolfgang

Stacho Mudrak wrote:
I am not sure, but probably loch compilation does not work by default.
List of libraries needed for loch is at loch/README.

Regards, S.

Wolfgang Zillig wrote:

Hi,

is there somewhere a list with all the libraries that are needed to
compile therion under linux? Or a kind of manual?

I just tried "make" but I'm getting errors, so I suppose that I miss
some libraries.

Greetings
Wolfgang